Medical Emergency and Urgent Care
In the event of a life threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or go immediately to the emergency room of the nearest hospital. For non-emergency situations, please call our clinic during office hours. If you have an urgent question about your health or the health of a family member then a medical provider will assist you. If you need an urgent appointment our clinic staff will provide you with a same day or next available appointment.
When you’re not feeling well we understand that you want to see your medical provider today. We welcome you to call to schedule your same day appointments or walk-in and be fit into the medical providers’ schedule.
We schedule routine follow-up appointments. For your convenience you can schedule your preventive health physicals up to one year in advance.
During your visit our office staff will update our system records to ensure we have current and accurate contact and insurance information. For your convenience and to make your visit more effective, please remember the following:
- For a first appointment or a sick visit bring 1-2 questions or concerns to your appointment. During the office visit the medical provider will focus their attention to your most important medical concerns.
- We strive to be on time for your appointment so remember to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to your visit you may be rescheduled.
- Bring your over the counter and prescribed medications to all visits. You may choose to make a list if this is more convenient.
- Please bring your insurance card and be prepared to pay any co-payment required by your insurance plan. (Note: Your appointment may be rescheduled if you cannot provide your insurance card or information.)
- Bring a photo ID.
A fee will be associated with appointments not kept or cancelled at least 24 hours in advance. This is not a charge paid for by insurance companies, it is your responsibility. After three missed appointments, you may be released from the practice.
If you need a refill on an existing prescription, please call your pharmacy at least 3 days before you need the medication. The pharmacist will send an electronic message to us with the request if there are no refills left. Your medical provider will review your chart and either approve the refill or call you to set up an office visit. Prescription refills may take two to three business days to fill. If you have not received your medication refill approval within 72 hours, please call our office.
We accept most insurance plans. The following list is an outline of the medical insurances accepted at the clinics. If you do not see your insurance listed please call the clinic to speak with one of the receptionists to verify if we contract with your insurance company.
- Alta Bates Medical Group
- John Muir Medical Group
- Aetna – PPO and HMO
- Anthem Blue Cross – PPO and HMO
- Blue Shield – PPO and HMO
- Cigna – PPO and HMO
- HealthNet – PPO and HMO
- United Healthcare – PPO and HMO
- Medicare Managed Care – Secure Horizons, Humana – First Care and Scan
- Alameda Alliance for Health
- Contra Costa Health Plan
If you do not see your insurance company listed contact the clinic and speak with the billing department for assistance.
The clinic welcomes patients who do not have health insurance and pay for their health care out of pocket. Go to the No insurance section to get more details.
We encourage you to call with questions you may have concerning your health care needs. Your physician will do their best to answer your call within 24 hours, but usually by the end of the business day.
Medical records are electronically and securely stored and are strictly confidential. Records will be released only upon your written, signed authorization. Records will be mailed or available for pickup within ten business days of receipt of your request, unless an urgency exists which requires they be sent sooner. There is a fee to copy records, unless being sent directly to another physician’s office.
For online access to medical history, please visit our web portal and sign in or register: